fairlife, LLC is a Chicago-based health food company that produces and markets delicious, nutrient dense milk beverages made using a cold filtration process to remove the lactose and sugars while maximizing the natural proteins, nutrients, and minerals found in cow's milk. The company was founded in 2012 by Select Milk Producers, Inc.®, a group of dairy farmers dedicated to using exceptional cow care and sustainable farming practices to yield higher quality milk. This co-op includes Fair Oaks Farms®, the flagship farm for fairlife, and provides all the milk for the company's state-of-the-art plant in Michigan to produce all tasty, lactose-free fairlife® products.
fairlife products are: fairlife® ultra-filtered milk, the only cow's milk with 50% more protein and 50% less sugar than other milks; Core Power®, a high protein milkshake to help athletes and fitness enthusiasts build lean muscle and support healthy recovery; fairlife® DHA, an ultra-filtered milk with DHA Omega-3 fatty acids to support brain health; and fairlife YUP!®, a line of boldly flavored milks. NEW to the fairlife portfolio in fall 2018 is fairlife® Smart Snacks, a healthy, hunger-curbing treat with protein, oats, honey, prebiotics, and a variety of antioxidants. In partnership with The Coca-Cola Company®, all fairlife drinks are distributed to retail outlets nationwide.
On a mission to enrich lives by sustainably providing nourishment and vitality to the world, fairlife promises:
- Better Taste – An incredibly smooth, creamy taste that sets fairlife apart
- Better Nutrition – Always more protein, more calcium, less sugar, and no lactose; maximum levels of real-food nutrition whenever possible
- Better Values – Unwavering commitment to the best care for our girls (cows), sustainability and transparency in all that we do
To learn more about fairlife and its collection of products, please visit fairlife.com or follow the company on Facebook, Instagram, YouTube, and Twitter.
- Clean, set-up, operate and monitor equipment of the production line.
- Complete all required documentation and scheduled quality checks.
- Monitor weights, seals, caps, cups, lids, foil seal and general packaging of product.
- Make adjustments to Filler timing and filling, & check mat as needed
- Ability to troubleshoot and resolve basic to moderate operating difficulties
- Collect required samples needed for Quality Assurance testing
- Ensure that the proper packaging materials are used for each product being produced.
- Will have working knowledge and experience with wrapper operations; watching for jams and effectively threading wrap to prevent cost downtime due to handler error.
- Ability to perform filler and filler line changeovers in a safe and efficient matter
- Complete cleaning checklist once line has completed run.
- Prepare equipment for next run to include size changes as needed.
- Utilizing continuous improvement mindset, assist in identifying opportunities to improve processes.
- Follow Good Manufacturing Practices.
- Maintain a clean, sanitary and safe work area.
- The employee will be required to use all personal protective equipment provided by the company in compliance with OSHA regulations.
- Learn and adhere to safety and security policies and procedures.
- Follow all sanitation and quality policies and procedures, and report any deficiencies.
- High School Diploma or GED preferred; or one to two years related experience and/or training; or, equivalent combination of education and experience.
- Able to add, subtract, multiply and divide in all units of measure, using whole numbers, common fractions and decimals.
- Experienced at analyzing process data and equipment performance data to improve quality, throughput, and troubleshoot.
- Experience within the food and beverage industry preferred.
- Must be able to stand, walk, push or pull for virtually the entire shift. Must be able to lift up to 50 pounds occasionally including overhead.
- Must be able to work in a wet environment. Some exposure to cleaning chemicals.
- Exposure to nut allergens.
- Overtime and working on holidays is often required.
- Be able to effectively work in a team environment.
- Effective verbal and written communication skills.
- Ability to work in a fast paced environment.
position location: Fair Oaks, Indiana
reports to: Plant manager
fairlife, LLC is an equal opportunity employer. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, natural origin, gender, age, handicap or veteran status. All qualified applicants will be given equal opportunity. Selection decisions are based on job-related factors.